One of the largest providers of federal flood insurance (NFIP) policies was in need of cloud-based solution allowing populating data in data warehouse and generating analytical reporting on top of the data
• Right platform for implementation of analytical reporting
• Dashboard system which allows to analyze different measures on map view drillable from total to company, to state, to zip code and other co-related attributes present in the data.
• Azure Data Factory
• Azure Blob storage
• Azure SQL Data warehouse
• Power BI
• ETL process for a set of policy data using Azure Data Factory andmoving them from text file data to SQL Data warehouse
• Dashboard system showing reports in Power BI
• A map which so all the risks color-coded by the different companies (slips) - ability to view each company separately or together. Also the possibility to see zip codes shaded as a map layer.
• Total policy count drillable from total to company, to state, to zip code
• Total policy premium drillable from total to company, to state, to zip code.
The total life cycle of this project was about 4 months and the organization was able to leverage their existing data in a well-defined way.
• 35% percent decrease on average time taken to assess the insurance value to be provided
• Reduce cost of around 25%, as earlier the data had to be given to consultancy firm to asses the reports manually